Applications are currently open for the Queer Feminisms Writing Workshop organized by Kohl: a Journal for Body and Gender Research:
According to organizers:
The workshop will lay the groundwork for our June 2020 issue on the same theme. It will be held over five full days, from Friday, November 29 until Tuesday, December 3, 2019, and will take place in Lebanon. The first two days of the workshop will cover discussions on theory, praxis, alternative methodologies, and non-linear writing methods in relation to queer feminisms. The last three days will be dedicated to a peer to peer workshop of the participants’ writing projects, with the support of mentors/facilitators.
They will accept accept abstracts, in English or Arabic, for research projects and essays, as well as “substantial” writing projects that are experimental, artistic, or collaborative.
– The deadline for submitting a complete application is Sunday, August 11, 2019.
– We will conduct calls with shortlisted participants between August 12 and 16.
– Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday, August 19, 2019.
– Participants will work with the editorial team from August 19 until October 31, 2019.
– First draft due on November 1, 2019.
– Workshop in Lebanon will take place between November 29 and December 3, 2019.
– Second draft due on January 7, 2020.
– Participants will continue working on their projects with the editorial team and their mentors until June 2020, date of publication of Kohl’s issue 6.1 on Queer Feminisms.
More on how to apply at the Kohl Journal website or at email@example.com.