The Sales and Distribution Manager will manage global advertising sales, print distribution, and electronic distribution for Rusted Radishes and ArabLit Quarterly magazines, ensuring the operation is cost-effective, efficient, and results in a growth of sales. Candidates should have an interest in literature, experience in book or magazine distribution or publication, and proficiency in Arabic and English. This position will report directly to the Editors-in-Chief of both Rusted Radishes and ArabLit Quarterly and work toward promoting the latter as sister magazines.
Responsibilities for both Rusted Radishes and ArabLit Quarterly
- Manage print orders and cost-effective print distribution of both magazines, including orders via post and hand-delivery.
- Ensure a high level of integrity in the distribution process, with management of how distributors control the movement of copies and returns.
- Manage and motivate distribution partners – both street distribution teams and placed copy suppliers.
- Maximize pick-up of placed copies and, therefore, readership.
- Manage costs through contract negotiations, finding new partners, and day-to-day operational costs including the cost of placed copies.
- Manage subscriptions to the magazine in order to maximise subscribers. Help create a system of joint subscriptions, by which subscribers can have both magazines, as well as other creative ways of increasing readership.
- Manage the delivery, process, and sign-ups of digital e-reader versions of both magazines
- Seek, write, and submit grants.
- Assist in creating sales and donor campaigns.
- Keep organized records of all sales and distribution point data.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify strong markets for potential sales
- Strong written and verbal skills in English and Arabic
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Strong management and coordination skills
- Knowledge of e-book hosting and book distribution options
- Sales experience is a plus
- Must be Beirut-based
Candidates with experience in either publishing or distribution will be preferred.
Six months starting, with the option to continue based on performance.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and a CV to both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com addressed to Rima Rantisi and Marcia Lynx Qualey.