- This event has passed.
Arab Literature and Culture in the West and Beyond – Sheikh Zayed Book Award
May 12, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
In its ambition to connect with wider academic audiences, the Sheikh Zayed Book Award is organising a series of four events between April and June in collaboration with SOAS, University of London, famous for its commitment to and its reach in the global south. Professor Wen-chin Ouyang, with her connections in North America, Europe and East Asia, will host and moderate the events, bringing to this series an additional multilingual and cross-regional flare. The interlocutors and guests include shortlisted and invited authors, translators, cultural thought leaders and scholars from around the world. All events will be bilingual (Arabic/English) and online.
This panel discussion will feature:
- Prof. Wen-chin Ouyang (moderator)
- Michael Cooperson – author and translator, professor of Arabic language and literature at the University of California, 2021 SZBA winner for the category Translation
- Robert Irwin, Middle East editor of TLS
- Huda Fakhreddine – Associate Professor of Arabic Literature at the University of
Pennsylvania and literary translator
- May 12, 2022
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
- Event Tags:
- Huda Fakhreddine, Michael Cooperson, Robert Irwin, Sheikh Zayed Book Award, SOAS, Wen-chin Ouyang