- This event has passed.
Translation and Cultural Exchange – Sheikh Zayed Book Award
April 28, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
In its ambition to connect with wider academic audiences, the Sheikh Zayed Book Award is organising a series of four events between April and June in collaboration with SOAS, University of London, famous for its commitment to and its reach in the global south. Professor Wen-chin Ouyang, with her connections in North America, Europe and East Asia, will host and moderate the events, bringing to this series an additional multilingual and cross-regional flare. The interlocutors and guests include shortlisted and invited authors, translators, cultural thought leaders and scholars from around the world. All events will be bilingual (Arabic/English) and online.
This first event will feature:
- Prof. Wen-chin Ouyang (moderator)
- Nawal Nasrallah – scholar, award-winning researcher and food writer, 2022 SZBA shortlistee for the category Translation
- Katharine Halls – literary translator, 2021 recipient of a PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant for the translation of Haytham El-Wardany’s Things That Can’t Be Fixed
- Professor Wang Youyong – Professor of Arabic Language and Literature at Shanghai International Studies University
- April 28, 2022
2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
- Event Tags:
- Katharine Halls, Nawal Nasrallah, Sheikh Zayed Book Award, SOAS, Wang Youyong, Wen-chin Ouyang