- Diwan is opening up a “Bibliotheca Alexandrina” branch. The official launch is set for 2 p.m. on May 28, 2010.
- On the next day, May 29, 7 p.m., in the Biblioteca Alexandrina Conference Center, the library will host the launch of the book Diaries of an Egyptian Princess, by Nevine Abbas Halim.
- Celebrate 7iber.com’s 3rd anniversary with poetry, music, and book events all week. More details on 7iber’s website.
- Celebrate Etel Adnan, the “grand dame of Lebanese arts and letters” at the Sfeir-Semmler Gallery, all this month. More details from Time Out Beirut.
- On Wednesday, May 26, El Bourj Bookshop will host the launch of From the Nile to Euphrates: The American Colony 1898-1948, published by Zeitouna. More details below.
- This is also the time of GeekFest Beirut.
- There’s also reportedly a GeekFest outbreak in Cairo.
- Kotob Khan asks that you mark your Cultural Agenda for the Book of the Month Discussion on Wednesday May 26th at 8pm. Participants will discuss Old People Sitting on Benches, a collection of short stories by author Al Taher Sharqawy.
- Also: Mohamed Salmawy will be giving a talk May 29, 7 p.m.: Diwan Bookshop, Zamalek, Cairo. Salmawy is President of the Writers’ Union of Egypt and Secretary General of the General Union of Arab Writers.
Know of more events with some relationship to Arabic literature? Post them below, please.