Although international travel seems like a large question mark at the moment, artists and cultural operators living and working in North Africa countries can apply for the “Artistic and Cultural Mobility Grant” from Fanak Fund:
Applicants living in Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Egypt, and Sudan — who work as performers, creators, teachers, organizers, administrators and project managers working in the cultural sector — are eligible for the mobility grant.
According to Music in Africa, the program is open to the following artistic and cultural fields:
- Music projects.
- Cultural projects.
- Contemporary live arts including new theatrical forms, new writing for theatre, drama, contemporary dance, circus, street performances and puppet theatre.
- Visual arts including photography, film, digital arts and video arts.
- Literature: travel for authors’ meetings, writing workshops and poetry.
The applicants must be traveling to:
- Prepare a project.
- Take part in a residency.
- Take part in a meeting of artists and professionals with the aim of networking or encouraging links between cultural, artistic and development actors throughout the region.
- Attend/conduct artistic training.
- Take part in debates, conferences and seminars.
The application deadline is August 31, 2020.