The 2022 AKO Caine Prize for African Writing is open for submissions by publishers until January 31:
The organizers write:
The AKO Caine Prize for African Writing is an annual award for a short story by an African writer published in English, whether they reside in Africa or elsewhere. The winner is awarded a cash prize of £10,000 and four shortlisted writers will receive £500 each.
Eligible are stories that:
- were written by an African writer (someone who is a national of an African country, or who has a parent who is African by birth or nationality);
- have been published in the last 5 years (after January 31, 2017);
- are between 3000 and 10,000 words;
- are submitted by their publisher with the author’s consent;
- have been published in English (translations are eligible!);
- were not previously submitted to the Caine Prize.